God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today is a snow day. I love winter. I love snow. The only thing I don't love is dangerous roads. I get a bonus day off from work - paid, no less - but there is a trade off. I feel anxious about everyone else who has to drive in this weather. Still, I'd rather do my praying here at home than at work. :) In a little while my two little buddies will be here. Can't think of a better way to spend some bonus time off.
********************************************
The scarecrow is finally down. The corn shock is on the ground waiting to be disposed of. Today I will get my little helpers to help me bring up the Christmas decorations.
*********************************************
It's gotten so I hate to even turn the radio on lately. Nothing but dismal and depressing news. My friend Jennifer sent this to me a while ago. I'm posting it because you never can get enough Good News!



********************************************
Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Second Week of Advent
Gospel
Mt 18:12-14

Jesus said to his disciples:
“What is your opinion?
If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray,
will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills
and go in search of the stray?
And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it
than over the ninety-nine that did not stray.
In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father
that one of these little ones be lost.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Any shepherd will tell you that the average shepherd will not leave his flock to search out one. Aren't we blessed that Jesus is not the average shepherd?

God bless our troops!


*********************************

No comments: