God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I have under 2 1/2 weeks until I retire from one of my jobs. I am so behind it isn't funny. I went to fill an ebay order for soap and I was one bar short on it. I need to make soap. I am out of several scents. That's a good thing because I love to make soap! After the first of the year I really need to take inventory and start restocking the web store. I will be getting rid of some products that don't sell. Anna, Melisa, and I are continuing to refine the products we take to shows. The soap takes a beating. I am going to have to re-package a lot of it and then re-think how it is transported - maybe pad the bin drawers or something.

My back is still stiff, but not as bad as it was, but I am so backed up I have no time to workout. Last night I had to move everthing out of the front hall so that the fridge could be brought in. That leaves Harold to deal with the food that is still inside the fridge.

Tonight I have the first choir rehearsal for Christmas. I think I'm ready - maybe. Then I have a few stops to make before coming home and moving stuff back during commerical breaks on Criminal Minds.

I'm off to work. Have a great day all!


Word of the day:
Memorial of Saint Francis Xavier, priest
Gospel
Mt 15:29-37

At that time:
Jesus walked by the Sea of Galilee,
went up on the mountain, and sat down there.
Great crowds came to him,
having with them the lame, the blind, the deformed, the mute,
and many others.
They placed them at his feet, and he cured them.
The crowds were amazed when they saw the mute speaking,
the deformed made whole,
the lame walking,
and the blind able to see,
and they glorified the God of Israel.

Jesus summoned his disciples and said,
“My heart is moved with pity for the crowd,
for they have been with me now for three days
and have nothing to eat.
I do not want to send them away hungry,
for fear they may collapse on the way.”
The disciples said to him,
“Where could we ever get enough bread in this deserted place
to satisfy such a crowd?”
Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?”
“Seven,” they replied, “and a few fish.”
He ordered the crowd to sit down on the ground.
Then he took the seven loaves and the fish,
gave thanks, broke the loaves,
and gave them to the disciples, who in turn gave them to the crowds.
They all ate and were satisfied.
They picked up the fragments left over–seven baskets full.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Isn't is amazing what God can do with leftovers?


God bless our troops!

No comments: