God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I have a super busy day ahead. I have children's choir rehearsal this morning. Then I have several batches of jar candles to pour. I need to get the house somewhat straightened up. Clay and Claire are coming tonight to help us decorate the Christmas tree. I haven't finished all of the student aide packages - they're about half done. Tomorrow we have a get together at Howard and Colleen's so I have to make sure all of my packages are wrapped. There's more, but that's enough to think about for now.

********************************
Word of the day:
Memorial of Saint Lucy, virgin and martyr
Gospel
Mt 17:9a, 10-13

As they were coming down from the mountain,
the disciples asked Jesus,
“Why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”
He said in reply, “Elijah will indeed come and restore all things;
but I tell you that Elijah has already come,
and they did not recognize him but did to him whatever they pleased.
So also will the Son of Man suffer at their hands.”
Then the disciples understood
that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
It's easy, in hindsight, to fault the people of Jesus' day for not recognizing him. I remember listening to a Paul Harvey Christmas broadcast about the Holy Family being turned away because there was no room at the inn. It ended with these words. "'If they had known who was knocking at the door of the inn, they would have made room.'" The answer, "We know, and we still don't make room."


God bless our troops!

2 comments:

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Congratulations on your sales :) Love your threads ~ xox

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Thanks, Carla - I love yours too!!
Hugs!