God Bless Our Troops

Friday, January 9, 2009

I think the kids at church were a little confused today because we sang Christmas songs. In the Catholic church, Christmas concludes with the Feast of the Baptism of Jesus which is next Sunday. Then begins the huge job of taking everything down. Fr. Kevin and I dismantled the huge manger, and then, with the help of 2 other people, we hauled it down to the church basement. I don't think the average church goer is aware of just how much time and muscle go into making the church look beautiful. Linda, our official decorator does a beautiful job, but it would be nice if more parishioners took an interest in helping. It's just a huge, huge job.

After Mass, I ran some errands and picked up some more carts for storage. I found some wonderful packaging for some of our products for next year. It's hard to believe that it is already time to begin planning for the Shepherd Maple Syrup festival. The girls and I need to have a meeting to decide which fragrances we'll be taking. It's hard to limit them because I love them all.

I ran into Melisa and the kids while I was up town and ate lunch in the car with them while Melisa went into the store to get some things. Clayton informed me that he does not like his new car seat. It is not comfortable. But, it has cup holders which he thinks are very cool for when he wants to "take a break" holding his drink. Claire doesn't have the cool cupholders, but she really doesn't care anyway.
****************************************************************
5:30 pm update
I spent the afternoon down in my dungeon trying to get my workroom into some kind of order.
I am beginning to see some progress. Right now I am just trying to get all of the like things together so we aren't buying things we already have. I started doing the taxes for the business. That's not the fun part. LOL! It amazes me how much money we have spent. Last year I was pumping money in. This year the business - while not making a huge profit - is paying for itself.
****************************************************************

Gospel
Christmas Weekday
Lk 5:12-16
It happened that there was a man full of leprosy in one of the towns where Jesus was;
and when he saw Jesus,
he fell prostrate, pleaded with him, and said,
“Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean.”
Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said,
“I do will it. Be made clean.”
And the leprosy left him immediately.
Then he ordered him not to tell anyone, but
“Go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing
what Moses prescribed; that will be proof for them.”
The report about him spread all the more,
and great crowds assembled to listen to him
and to be cured of their ailments,
but he would withdraw to deserted places to pray.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Even if the leper didn't say a word, it would be evident that his skin had cleared up.
I think the best way to spread the word on anything is to tell someone not to tell. What better judge of human nature was there than Jesus?


God bless our troops!

**********************************************************

No comments: