God Bless Our Troops

Monday, January 12, 2009

Today is physical day. Not looking forward to that. Our family doctor retired last summer and I will be seeing a PA, which is fine, but I don't do well with change. I wish I had made the appointment for earlier in the day. Then I could have skipped breakfast and gotten my bloodwork done on the same day.
*********************************************
This week's zone is the bathroom and one extra room. I think the bathroom will occupy all of my time this week. I have so much junk in the linen closet. I need to get some steel sacks today. My kitchen declutter - all of the expired cans - well, the bag can't hold it all. I also need to do something about the wall paper behind the toilet. I let it go because we were supposed to remodel the bathroom this year, but that's not going to happen with the tenuous economy thing that's going on.
*******************************************
We had our meeting about the Maple Syrup Festival. We finalized the mixes and food we will be taking. We are scaling down on the "ready to eat" food for this show and concentrating more on the mixes and the primitives. There is too much competition with the ready to eat stuff and what we don't sell goes to waste since we have only the one show. I am going with the fruity scents for spring. My favs are the bakery scents, but people tend to buy those in the fall.
*******************************************
Another storm is predicted for tonight into tomorrow morning. Love the snow - hate the bad roads.
**********************************************
Today is also laundry day and bill day. I'd better get crackin'

****************************************************************

Word of the day:
Monday of the First Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mk 1:14-20

After John had been arrested,
Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the Gospel of God:
“This is the time of fulfillment.
The Kingdom of God is at hand.
Repent, and believe in the Gospel.” As he passed by the Sea of Galilee,
he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting their nets into the sea;
they were fishermen.
Jesus said to them,
“Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
Then they left their nets and followed him.
He walked along a little farther
and saw James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John.
They too were in a boat mending their nets.
Then he called them.
So they left their father Zebedee in the boat
along with the hired men and followed him.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
I"m trying to picture this scene in my mind. James and John - the sons of thunder - up and leave their father and the hired man and take off to follow Jesus. Now I know that Mark the evangelist is known for getting right to the point without wasting words, but it is hard to wrap my mind around the kind of magnetism that Jesus must have had . . . and still has.


God bless our troops!

************************************************8888

2 comments:

Janene said...

Does everybody do their laundry on Monday?
I know I do...and so did my Mom...and probably my Grandma...and so on, and so on!
I loved the scent of baked goods...never goes out of style at my house!

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

I never heard of a "laundry" day until I moved to the country. LOL!

I love bakery scents. I love all of our scents. I wish I could take everything to every show, but those girls of mine insist on having room for their stuff. The nerve of them!