God Bless Our Troops

Monday, January 5, 2009

This morning it hit me that I do not belong to the school anymore. It's a funny feeling. I thought it would feel like an extended vacation, but it really is different. I am not a part of that scene anymore. It represents a major change in my life and change is always scary for me. But our lives have times and seasons and I am beginning a new season.
**********************************************************
Yesterday I joined the Biggest Loser Blog edition. I created a separate blog for that and have moved my daily stats over there. Those who are following my fitness goals can find my Biggest Loser blog here:
Mary's Biggest Loser Blog
***********************************************************
This week the Fly Zone is the kitchen. I have some major decluttering to do in the cabinets and drawers. I need to remember that I will focus on only one drawer or cabinet at a time. It may not get completely decluttered this week, but progress will be made.

Today is laundry day, bill day, and soapmaking day so I have a full slate ahead of me. I'm not sure what kind of soap I will be making today. I need to do a good inventory downstairs. I am also going to spend 15 minutes each day making some progress down there.

Well, I am off to work out. See you on the other blog. :)
**********************************************************
Word of the day
Memorial of Saint John Neumann, bishop
Gospel
Mt 4:12-17, 23-25

When Jesus heard that John had been arrested,
he withdrew to Galilee.
He left Nazareth and went to live in Capernaum by the sea,
in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali,
that what had been said through Isaiah the prophet
might be fulfilled:

Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles,
the people who sit in darkness
have seen a great light,
on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death
light has arisen.

From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say,
“Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

He went around all of Galilee,
teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom,
and curing every disease and illness among the people.
His fame spread to all of Syria,
and they brought to him all who were sick with various diseases
and racked with pain,
those who were possessed, lunatics, and paralytics,
and he cured them.
And great crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, and Judea,
and from beyond the Jordan followed him.


God bless our troops!

****************************************************

No comments: