God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm feeling a little melancholy today. I'm not sure about what, or where it's coming from. It could be the post Christmas letdown or it could be the major change in my life with leaving the school. I feel discombobulated. I hear people congratulate me on my retirement, and yet I'm not actually retired. That's just the technical term for "quitting in order to be able to buy health care." I look at Facebook to keep up with what's going on with people who are no longer part of my daily life. It's kind of like when you take a scoop of water out of a pool. There are ripples for a few minutes, but then water settles and it's as if that scoop of water was never part of the pool. I feel like that scoop of water. The adjacent water has filled in and it's as if I was never there. I know this will pass, but I didn't expect it to bother me so much.
**************************************************************
I got on Facebook last night to discover that Uncle Tom was taken to the hospital. I haven't hear anything more on his condition. He and Aunt Molly are my godparents.
************************************************************

Word of the day
Christmas weekday
Gospel

Jn 3:22-30

Jesus and his disciples went into the region of Judea,
where he spent some time with them baptizing.
John was also baptizing in Aenon near Salim,
because there was an abundance of water there,
and people came to be baptized,
for John had not yet been imprisoned.
Now a dispute arose between the disciples of John and a Jew
about ceremonial washings.
So they came to John and said to him,
“Rabbi, the one who was with you across the Jordan,
to whom you testified,
here he is baptizing and everyone is coming to him.”
John answered and said,
“No one can receive anything except what has been given from heaven.
You yourselves can testify that I said that I am not the Christ,
but that I was sent before him.
The one who has the bride is the bridegroom;
the best man, who stands and listens for him,
rejoices greatly at the bridegroom’s voice.
So this joy of mine has been made complete.
He must increase; I must decrease.”


God bless our troops!

****************************************************

No comments: