God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's not very often that a I miss a day on my blogs. Yesterday was just a little insane. On Friday mornings I have Mass with the kids at St. Mary. That went fine. After that Fr. Kevin and I met with the sound guy to see what needs to be done with the church sound system. That meeting went longer than I'd planned because I still needed to take down some of the trees from our Christmas decor. First tree - the tree came down okay, but it took me over an hour to untangle the lights. By that time I had to get over to the hospital for my yearly mammogram. I got there and realized my planner with the order was sitting in the church. The registration gal tried to find record of it on the computer. Nope - she couldn't find it so I went back to the church to get it. During that time Melisa had called and asked if I could pick up a box at the post office. I went back to the hospital for my mammo - was out by 2:oo - not bad considering. Then I went to the post office and back to the church to take down more trees. The rest of the committee is doing the big trees tonight, but I can't be there. I couldn't fit the trees in the boxes and I felt bad about leaving them for the other group, but it was 4:00 already and I hadn't eaten since breakfast.

Now I know I can afford to miss a few, but my blood sugar can't so I stopped at RiteAid and bought a protein bar. I know it's not the best choice, but it was much better than the cheeseburger Happy Meal with a chocolate shake that I was trying to justify. It's a good thing I stopped because I forgot that I needed to pick up a prescription. Then I headed to the post office, the bank, and to Walmart. (We're out of Hillbilly bread - I am a terrible wife. LOL!) Stopped at Melisa's to drop off the package and then home to find out that we were going out to celebrate Harold's retirement. Soooooo, I never got the chance to blog yesterday. Sorry, for those of you that were looking for it.
*********************************************************
I did not get all of my cleaning done the other day, but I did get a start. Today I try and finish.

***********************************************************

Word of the day
Saturday of the First Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mk 2:13-17

Jesus went out along the sea.
All the crowd came to him and he taught them.
As he passed by, he saw Levi, son of Alphaeus,
sitting at the customs post.
Jesus said to him, “Follow me.”
And he got up and followed Jesus.
While he was at table in his house,
many tax collectors and sinners sat with Jesus and his disciples;
for there were many who followed him.
Some scribes who were Pharisees saw that Jesus was eating with sinners
and tax collectors and said to his disciples,
“Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
Jesus heard this and said to them,
“Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”



God bless our troops!


*****************************************************

No comments: