God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Went up town with Melisa and the kids yesterday, but the deals weren't that great for me. There was a time when I was the Coupon Queen, but that hasn't been for a long time. I would like to get back into doing that. When the kids were small, I was into refunding. Refunding was quite the deal for a stay at home mom. I would send in box tops and get back money or premiums. People saved their labels for me and I did quite well. I paid for a new stove, carpeting, had gifts for all occasions, and spent maybe 25 dollars a week after coupons. Refunding has changed over the years and is much more challenging. Now you have to send in the cash register receipt with the labels. I gradually drifted away from it. Now my daughters are doing it - not the refunding, but the couponing. And they are very good at it. It's fun to see them saving money. Anna can bring home 2 carts of groceries and after coupons have paid maybe 20 dollars at the most. It takes work and ingenuity, but it is totally worth it.
Well, my timer is ringing. Time to go put in some time on my new toy - the WII FIT. See you on the other blog.
*************************************************************

Word of the day
Memorial of Saint Francis de Sales, bishop and doctor of the Church
Gospel
Mk 3:20-21

Jesus came with his disciples into the house.
Again the crowd gathered,
making it impossible for them even to eat.
When his relatives heard of this they set out to seize him,
for they said, “He is out of his mind.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Jesus' relatives reacted in a totally human manner. Put yourself in their position. Would you react differently? Hindsight is 20/20 and yet even with hindsight, we don't always get it either.

God bless our troops!

***************************************************

No comments: