God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good morning,
I'd like to start today with a little piece of advice. Check your credit card statements regularly.
I checked mine last night and found a charge from 02OLNADMK 866-228-1231 for $129.90. I immediately emailed my bank and heard back from them this morning. They have removed the charge. She told me that they had searched online and found nothing. So I decided to search. Very interesting. There were many complaints about fraudulent charges from this same entity. So be warned people.
************************************************************
Yesterday's visit with my cuties was great. We made pancakes and they were good! Before we ate, we said grace. Clay surprised me by jumping in after the first couple of words and finishing it. When there are a lot of people around, he won't do it so I was surprised that he knew all of the words. Good job, Clay!!
**********************************************************
Well, the sink is unclogged thanks to Harold. It's interesting how life comes to a halt when you can't do your dishes. LOL!

I am still in the kitchen zone although I haven't done much. My job for today is to clean out the silverware drawer and the pantry.
***********************************************************
I'm off to the other blog

Word of the day
Christmas Weekday
Gospel
Lk 4:14-22

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit,
and news of him spread throughout the whole region.
He taught in their synagogues and was praised by all.

He came to Nazareth, where he had grown up,
and went according to his custom
into the synagogue on the sabbath day.
He stood up to read and was handed a scroll of the prophet Isaiah.
He unrolled the scroll and found the passage where it was written:
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to bring glad tidings to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to let the oppressed go free,
and to proclaim a year acceptable to the Lord.

Rolling up the scroll, he handed it back to the attendant and sat down,
and the eyes of all in the synagogue looked intently at him.
He said to them,
“Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing.”
And all spoke highly of him
and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his mouth.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
And there were some who wanted to throw him off a cliff. It must have been an amazing experience to hear the Word from the Word himself. Would we have recognized him?


God bless our troops!


****************************************************

No comments: