God Bless Our Troops

Friday, February 13, 2009

I am late updating today because I am subbing for my replacement in the job from which I retired. It's a very strange feeling being here as a sub. I miss the students and the atmosphere, but I don't miss trying to do too much in too little time. I am still not used to the slower paced days that I have at home. I have been spinning my wheels a lot and using the computer as a procrastination tool. I have set up a fairly flexible daily schedule. It has to be flexible because Harold is now in the mix and he has been trying to find his own way again. Ironically, he too, has been spending a lot more time on the computer. Guess we're more alike than we thought. LOL!
**************************************
Word of the day:
Friday of the Fifth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mk 7:31-37

Jesus left the district of Tyre
and went by way of Sidon to the Sea of Galilee,
into the district of the Decapolis.
And people brought to him a deaf man who had a speech impediment
and begged him to lay his hand on him.
He took him off by himself away from the crowd.
He put his finger into the man's ears
and, spitting, touched his tongue;
then he looked up to heaven and groaned, and said to him,
" Ephphatha!" (that is, "Be opened!")
And immediately the man's ears were opened,
his speech impediment was removed,
and he spoke plainly.
He ordered them not to tell anyone.
But the more he ordered them not to,
the more they proclaimed it.
They were exceedingly astonished and they said,
"He has done all things well.
He makes the deaf hear and the mute speak."

God bless our troops!


************************************************

No comments: