God Bless Our Troops

Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy President's day, all!

Today is prayer quilt Monday. I can't believe it came so fast! The days do go by really fast now that the great number of hours in them are spent that way I want to spend them. Here is my offering for this week.

It was a challenge because I wanted to do the "Dove in a Window" for all of the squares, but there wasn't enough of one of the fabrics. I played with piecing. My piecing skills aren't all that great so don't look too closely. The object isn't a perfect quilt; the object is a prayerful quilt.

Last night I cut out the strips for Claire's quilt. I am doing a zigzag rail fence, but in the middle of each block there will be an appliqued heart. Rail fence is really easy. It will help me learn to sew straighter seams.

I am going to make soap tonight. There was some discussion on the soaping board about several techniques that I would like to try.

I'm off to the other blog. Have a great day.
****************************************************
Word of the day:
Monday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary TimeGospel
Mk 8:11-13

The Pharisees came forward and began to argue with Jesus,
seeking from him a sign from heaven to test him.
He sighed from the depth of his spirit and said,
"Why does this generation seek a sign?
Amen, I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation."
Then he left them, got into the boat again,
and went off to the other shore.


God bless our troops!

No comments: