God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am looking forward to spring. I've been reading Janene's blog and looking at all of the cool things she finds at Goodwill and then prims up. I can't wait to go up and make a drop and look around to see what I can find.


Clay was a big boy and did Grandma a favor by helping Claire pick up her game. He also helped set the table for lunch.


Claire is waiting patiently for Grandma to finish her "Big Girl Bed" quilt. The top is done and the back is being pieced.
**********************************************************
I'm late getting on today. I've been chasing Tweetlebugs around all morning. They are supposed to be taking a nap right now, but I'm hearing an awful lot of noise from a bedroom that is supposed to have sleeping kids in it. I told them they had to get rested up so they would have lots of energy when Grandpa got home. Grandpa chases them around the house.
***********************************************************
Word of the day:
Thursday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mk 8:27-33


Jesus and his disciples set out
for the villages of Caesarea Philippi.
Along the way he asked his disciples,
"Who do people say that I am?"
They said in reply,
"John the Baptist, others Elijah,
still others one of the prophets."
And he asked them,
"But who do you say that I am?"
Peter said to him in reply,
"You are the Christ."
Then he warned them not to tell anyone about him.

He began to teach them
that the Son of Man must suffer greatly
and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes,
and be killed, and rise after three days.
He spoke this openly.
Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
At this he turned around and, looking at his disciples,
rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan.
You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."

God bless our troops!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am also looking forward to spring....right now it is 9% out and with the wind blowing it seems so much colder.....Enjoy those grandchildren...they also seem to grow up so fast...
Hugs
Sue