God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I just got back from the eye doctor. My pupils are huge and they will stay that way for a few more hours. Not fun. The bad news is I have cataracts. The good news is that it is completely curable with surgery. And after that I may not even need glasses. Cool! However, I have a lot of work to do today. I have cantor tapes to make, choir folders to put together, laundry to finish, bills to pay, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't recall at the moment - gotta check my planner.
****************************************

Word of the day:
Tuesday of the First Week of Lent
Gospel
Mt 6:7-15

"In praying, do not babble like the pagans,
who think that they will be heard because of their many words.
Do not be like them.
Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

"This is how you are to pray:

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

"If you forgive men their transgressions,
your heavenly Father will forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men,
neither will your Father forgive your transgressions."


God bless our troops!


********************************************

2 comments:

IdaR said...

Cataract surgery is nothing. I had one removed from my left eye last fall. It was painless and over quickly. I was having ro wear reading glass, now I don't even need them. How cool is that!
Good luck.

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Thanks, Ida. that's what the doctor said. I was considering Lasek, but apparently cataract surgery does much the same thing and is covered by insurance. Very cool!