God Bless Our Troops

Monday, April 6, 2009

The choir did fabulously well yesterday. I am so proud of them. It is made up of people who are very busy in their personal lives but still make time to be a part of the choir. It's been my experience that as Palm Sunday goes, so goes Holy Week. I have lots to do before then, but I have declared Monday my official day off.

After the kids left yesterday, I spent the afternoon in my quilting room. I finished another pillow top and practiced my half square triangles some more. I think my problem may be in the cutting. I'm not sure I am hitting dead center of the square, but I will keep on practicing. I also started sorting my stash. I bought another 3 drawer cart and put it underneath the existing cart. I have 4 drawers: Neutrals (brown, black, undecideds), Red/Pink, Yellow/orange, and Blue/Green/Purple. I still have a few boxes of fabric that will never fit in there so I am slowly going to use that up (prayer quilts and practicing) until the whole stash is more manageable. I need to clean out the 2 closets and get my yarns organized. I want to make matching sweaters for the grandkids this year. Oh, and I will need to make 2 more Christmas stockings for the new baby - one to keep here and one for Kelli's folks to keep at their house. I also finished a present for Kelli's next baby shower. I would post a pic, but - like a good daughter-in-law- she reads the blog so it will have to wait. :)

I have been downloading episodes of Flylady and Prim Talk Radio to play on the laptop in my quilt room. I've decided that its permanent home is going to be in there. :) I was annoyed last night that my DVD of NCIS was unplayable, but Netflix is shipping out a replacement today. I also used my last Amazon certificate on some quilting books. I am reading my way through the Elm Creek quilt series. I have gotten the volumes out of order, but they pretty much stand on their own.
******************************************************

Word of the day:
Monday of Holy Week
Gospel
Jn 12:1-11

Six days before Passover Jesus came to Bethany,
where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.
They gave a dinner for him there, and Martha served,
while Lazarus was one of those reclining at table with him.
Mary took a liter of costly perfumed oil
made from genuine aromatic nard
and anointed the feet of Jesus and dried them with her hair;
the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.
Then Judas the Iscariot, one of his disciples,
and the one who would betray him, said,
"Why was this oil not sold for three hundred days' wages
and given to the poor?"
He said this not because he cared about the poor
but because he was a thief and held the money bag
and used to steal the contributions.
So Jesus said, "Leave her alone.
Let her keep this for the day of my burial.
You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me."
The large crowd of the Jews found out that he was there and came,
not only because of him, but also to see Lazarus,
whom he had raised from the dead.
And the chief priests plotted to kill Lazarus too,
because many of the Jews were turning away
and believing in Jesus because of him.


God bless our troops!


***************************************

No comments: