God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today is our monthly staff meeting. We have homework for these meetings. We read theological books. As I was reading last night's chapter for today's meeting, I was struck by how much verbage the author used to get the message across that we ARE our brother's keepers. My thought is that anyone reading the book is, hopefully, already doing that. And if they're not, nothing that I read would make them. It amuses me that we are required to read all of this stuff when Jesus said it so much more succinctly in Matthew's Gospel. "Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me." Maybe our time would be better spent reflecting on the Word. But, different strokes for different folks. Maybe someone with an IQ of 200 may read what I read and be moved to go do something nice for someone who needs it.

Update: There was no staff meeting today. It was changed to another date and I forgot to delete this one. However, since I was in St. Louis anyway, I stopped at the local quilt shop and signed up for a quilt group. I am really excited. I am not the most skillful quilter around, but I love doing it! We are making a Thimbleberries Quilt.
******************************************************
Word of the day:
Thursday of the Fifth Week of Lent
Gospel
Jn 8:51-59

Jesus said to the Jews:
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever keeps my word will never see death."
So the Jews said to him,
"Now we are sure that you are possessed.
Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say,
'Whoever keeps my word will never taste death.'
Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died?
Or the prophets, who died?
Who do you make yourself out to be?"
Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is worth nothing;
but it is my Father who glorifies me,
of whom you say, 'He is our God.'
You do not know him, but I know him.
And if I should say that I do not know him,
I would be like you a liar.
But I do know him and I keep his word.
Abraham your father rejoiced to see my day;
he saw it and was glad."
So the Jews said to him,
"You are not yet fifty years old and you have seen Abraham?"
Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you,
before Abraham came to be, I AM."
So they picked up stones to throw at him;
but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area.


God bless our troops!

*****************************************************

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love ThimbleBerries stuff....Thank you for the words...
Hugs
Sue