God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Well, I got up to the news that our wonderful bishop has been named the Archbishop for the St. Louis diocese. We knew when Bishop Carlson came here, that we wouldn't have him for very long. He is going to a beautiful state. I hope our next bishop continues the great work that Bishop Robert Carlson started here. The upsurge in seminarians has been most heartening! I am sad to see Bishop Carlson leave but am excited for him as he answers his newest call.

Yesterday I spend the day making candles, room sprays, and cleaning the basement where I work. We had water come in a few weeks ago and it soaked some pieces of carpeting that I had down there. It's a mess. I had one small area that I could work in. I am slowly getting my bins organized but between that and the rest of the house, I have my work cut out for me. On the slate for today:
Lavender soap
Lavender candles
Lavender room spray
Finish laundry
A visit from the Tweetlebugs
General chaos containment
There's more, but that's enough to deal with for now. Guess I'd better get to it.

Update:
The soap is done and ready to sit until it can be cut into bars. Unfortunately, it won't be ready for the Maple Syrup Festival. It will have to cure a few weeks. It will definitely go with us to the Highland Festival.



The candles are done too:



The Tweetlebugs have been and gone. Didn't get a lot of chaos contained, but had fun. I'll do the room sprays when I get home tonight.

Oh, I saw this cute graphic on someone else's blog and I just couldn't resist.



*********************************************************

Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Second Week of Easter
Gospel
Jn 3:7b-15

Jesus said to Nicodemus:
"'You must be born from above.'
The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes,
but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes;
so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
Nicodemus answered and said to him,
"How can this happen?"
Jesus answered and said to him,
"You are the teacher of Israel and you do not understand this?
Amen, amen, I say to you,
we speak of what we know and we testify to what we have seen,
but you people do not accept our testimony.
If I tell you about earthly things and you do not believe,
how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?
No one has gone up to heaven
except the one who has come down from heaven, the Son of Man.
And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert,
so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life."

*********************************************

No comments: