God Bless Our Troops

Monday, June 22, 2009

Well, it looks like summer has arrived. I'm not sure we ever really had Spring, did we? Do we have Spring in Michigan anymore? Seems like we go from cold to hot without much transition. After a "walk/jog" I have lots to do. Today is Prayer Quilt day, but I don't think I'll be staying very long. I made a quilt top that I'll stay and get sandwiched so I can bring it home and put on the binding. I have a lot of cleaning to do before we leave for Alaska.

Afternoon update:
I actually got all of the laundry done - washed, not put away.
I did about an hour of decluttering in zone 4
Made a batch of Eucalyptus candles
Made a batch of kitchen soap
I'm headed to the craft room to work on stockings.

Word of the day:
Monday of the Twelfth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Thomas More, St. John Fisher, Bishop and Martyr (1459-1535)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 7:1-5.


Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye.

*************************************************

1 comment:

IdaR said...

Here in Kansas we only have 2 seasons. Really hot or really cold. Sometimes in the same day!