God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, June 4, 2009

It just dawned on me that we have entered the month in which our 3rd grandbaby will be born. Clayton and Claire have nicknamed her "Beeps" which is what we used to call Melisa (Clay and Claire's mom) when she was little.

Yesterday I finished the baby quilt I am making for Olivia and Ryan's new baby, Haylee.



Sam and Ryan have been friends since childhood. It's really hard to believe how many years have gone by since I watch these two play T-ball.

As I write this I am listening to President Obama speak at Cairo University. I'm listening because I want to hear what he says. Apparently a couple of remarks he made when he spoke in Saudi Arabia were scrubbed from the official website. That makes me - hmmmm - what's the word? Suspicious? Yeah, that pretty much covers it.

*********************************************************************

Word of the day:
Thursday of the Ninth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Francis Caracciolo, St Kevin
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 12:28-34.


One of the scribes, when he came forward and heard them disputing and saw how well he had answered them, asked him, "Which is the first of all the commandments?" Jesus replied, "The first is this: 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." The scribe said to him, "Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, 'He is One and there is no other than he.' And 'to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself' is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that (he) answered with understanding, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And no one dared to ask him any more questions.


*********************************************************

2 comments:

Mary Volmer said...

Oh, your quilt is GORGEOUS! I have so much to learn; care to be my mentor?

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Thanks, Mary. I'm pretty much of a beginner at quilting myself. I've dabbled for a couple of years but have a long way to go to improve my piecing skills. How are you and your family?