God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another hot and humid one. We again have fans rigged up all over the house.
I will be making another batch of candles today. I think I'll probably start on the Harvest Home candles for this fall. Today I will grunge the jars. That's a fun job

I'm more than a little concerned about this whole health care thing that is being broadcast from inside the White House. All opposing voices will be silenced, no ads, no rebuttal. So much for transparency. Apparently there was an anti-smoking bill signed yesterday. The government wants to tell us how to live, yet our president smokes quite a bit. Cognitive dissonance? Do as I tell you, not as I do?


Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Twelfth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Etheldreda, abbess (7th century)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 7:6.12-14.


Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces. Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets. Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many. How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life. And those who find it are few.

No comments: