God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yesterday was the monthly meeting of the Thimbleberries Quilt Club. I'm always inspired when I go to those meetings. During the "Show and Tell" time, one lady showed a quilt that had been left unfinished when her mother-in-law died. It was absolutely stunning. She had found the blocks after her mother-in-law died. They were hand-pieced. She joined them and then hand quilted the entire quilt.

I haven't had the nerve to show any of my stuff yet. I tend to work with the less expensive Walmart fabric because I am still trying to get better at piecing. I used to think there wasn't any real difference except the price. You definitely do get what you pay for. When I started making my Thimbleberries blocks I could tell just by the feel that the fabrics were much finer. I can't afford the good stuff in a lot of quantity so as I use up my old stash, I will slowly replace the fabrics with the good stuff.

I decided to take a "fishing" day yesterday. Harold often takes a day to fish - which is fine. My "fishing" equipment is all in my craft room so that's my "lake."
I worked on some stocking stuffers for my adult girls yesterday. I can't post pics because one of them reads this. (Hi Kelli) Now I just have to keep quiet and not show them until Christmas.

I will miss next months meeting because we'll be in Alaska. But before that we will welcome Sam and Kelli's new daughter. Less than 3 weeks!!!

********************************************************************************

Tuesday of the Tenth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Ephrem of Syria, Deacon (c.306-373),
Sts. Primus and Felicianus, martyrs (3rd century)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 5:13-16.


You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.

No comments: