God Bless Our Troops

Friday, July 31,2009

It is so good to be home. The house is a mess, I have a ton of stuff to do, I'm behind already, and I love it! Tonight Melisa and Justin are hosting a cookout. Our halibut will be featured. We will be celebrating Kelli's birthday - albeit a bit late.

Had a practice session with Jennifer last night. At one time we suspended practice sessions in favor of tapes that the cantors could work with. It didn't pan out and last night was an example of why it didn't. We love to visit. LOL! I think I enjoy cantor practice even more since retiring since I don't have the day-to-day contact with people. I am an introvert by nature, but 13 years of working in the school moved me more toward the extrovert side of the spectrum.

I made a batch of candles yesterday. Broke every rule in the book because it's been a while. All of them turned out except 2 that had sink holes. I forgot to check the temperature of the wax before I poured. It certainly doesn't take long to get out of the groove.

On today's agenda is an early morning walk/run followed by helping Harold get old bottles out of the basement. He has decided not to make wine anymore. I am hoping that the sink down there will be restored to use so that I don't have to run up and down the stairs to wash my hands - particularly on days when I have to measure soaping oils.

I received the first of our fall craft show applications and the copy proof for our stocking ad in Country Sampler. We need to get cracking on our stocking production.

When we were in Alaska I visited a couple of quilt shops. I found some very nice wildlife prints to put in Justin's quilt.

Baby Madison is going to be baptized on August 30 and Kelli said she would like it if I made her dress. It's been so long, but I would love to do it. I am going to move that machine to the basement and ask Harold if he will rig up some light for me. Oh, and Melisa bought a knitting machine for 15 dollars! It's a Singer 700. The carriage alone is worth several hundred. Ask me how I know? She got a very sweet deal!!!


Word of the day:
Friday of the Seventeenth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Ignatius of Loyola, Priest (1491-1556)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 13:54-58.


He came to his native place and taught the people in their synagogue. They were astonished and said, "Where did this man get such wisdom and mighty deeds? Is he not the carpenter's son? Is not his mother named Mary and his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Are not his sisters all with us? Where did this man get all this?" And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and in his own house." And he did not work many mighty deeds there because of their lack of faith.

No comments: