God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Got stuff done yesterday. This week's fly zone is the master bathroom and the office. I did quite a bit of the office last week. Well, I got 2 areas done because my office is also my laundry room. I have set work hours for myself from 2-5 on normal days. That's when I make stockings and do other things for the business. Our stocking season has started already with orders from Etsy and the website. I'm adding a new pattern - a rocking horse. I have 3 stockings to make for Maddie so her stocking that stays here will be the rocking horse one. That way I'll have a pic to put on the website. Yesterday I did 4 stockings for orders and 2 more for the girls to sew up. I made a candle for a web order. I'm waiting until the weather cools a bit to send it, though.

I also got 2 loads of laundry done and managed to make an appearance at the community band rehearsal.

The tweetlebugs stayed over last night. They were quite thrilled to have a bath with Grandma's special homemade peppermint soap.

On slate for today is to shred and freeze zucchini (just got done picking it) and then tonight we'll be doing corn again.

*************************************************
Tuesday of the Twentieth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Alberto Hurtado Cruchaga, Priest (1901-1952)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 19:23-30.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Amen, I say to you, it will be hard for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and said, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "For human beings this is impossible, but for God all things are possible." Then Peter said to him in reply, "We have given up everything and followed you. What will there be for us?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, I say to you that you who have followed me, in the new age, when the Son of Man is seated on his throne of glory, will yourselves sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.

*******************************************************8

No comments: