God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Sam and Kelli! The weather is a lot like it was 3 years ago today.



In typical fashion, I went right by Penney's yesterday and completely forgot that I had to make a stop. I'll leave early for choir practice and stop in then. I finished weaving in the ends for Maddie's dress, but then decided to make a longer crocheted lace border. Considering that it's been years since I've done something like this, I am pretty happy with the way it is turning out. I took a couple of pictures, but they don't really do the dress justice. I'll post a pic of her wearing it.

Spent the morning and early afternoon at Barb Waldbillig's funeral. She was quite a lady. The family chose the "Good Woman" reading from proverbs as the first reading. I am at the age now where I often consider what people might have to say about me when I'm gone. I can picture the kids giggling at the Proverbs passage. It's an ideal I have often strived to achieve but of which I have always fallen woefully and laughably short.

I finished the rest of the stockings for my order. They have to be steamed, packaged, and sent out. I also did another 2 for the girls to sew up. Made a batch of Carrot Cake grubbies (Kelli's favorite) and room spray. I need to do a few more in the autumn chunky tarts. I also made an autumn pillar. I love the pillars, but they don't sell very well. I've never been quite sure why.



I got some crisis cleaning done in the spare bedroom. Mom's coming up for Maddie's baptism so I've been working pretty steadily in there. I am now inspired to get it painted and finished. Lots of decluttering to do in the closets though.

On today's docket is to do some more in the spare room, do surface cleaning in the rest of the house and then deal with the potatoes that that Harold picked out of the garden. Not sure what I'll be doing with those. I may wait until next week and can them for soup this winter. I imagine they would be pretty tasty in our Moeggenborg Sugar Bush potato soup.

****************************************************
Wednesday of the Twenty-first week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Zephyrinus, Pope and Martyr (+219)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 23:27-32.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men's bones and every kind of filth. Even so, on the outside you appear righteous, but inside you are filled with hypocrisy and evildoing. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the memorials of the righteous, and you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have joined them in shedding the prophets' blood.' Thus you bear witness against yourselves that you are the children of those who murdered the prophets; now fill up what your ancestors measured out!

*******************************************

No comments: