God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I got 6 stockings done yesterday. That leaves seven to finish. I have to go in to the office today to finish up the "Saints" wall for this weekend. It's really hard to believe that November comes this weekend. I hope I won't have to be there too long because I have a ton of stuff to do before Saturday's craft show. I also have to make a stop to stock up on Goblin Food for Saturday.

I got yesterday's mission done and did a little online Christmas shopping.

Here is today's mission - I'm posting the URL because I think the embeds are making my blog load too slowly.

Flylady Holiday Cruising Mission

*********************************


Word of the day:
Thursday of the Thirtieth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Narcissus, Bishop (2nd century)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 13:31-35.


At that time some Pharisees came to him and said, "Go away, leave this area because Herod wants to kill you." He replied, "Go and tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and I perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I accomplish my purpose. Yet I must continue on my way today, tomorrow, and the following day, for it is impossible that a prophet should die outside of Jerusalem.' Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how many times I yearned to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were unwilling! Behold, your house will be abandoned. (But) I tell you, you will not see me until (the time comes when) you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

No comments: