God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Today is my brother Jim's birthday. I called him last night and left a message. I also called Aunt Molly since her birthday was the 3rd. It's been a long time since I talked that long.

I went for a walk early this morning and stopped to watch Clay get on the bus. It seem like just yesterday he was so tiny. There's not a day that goes by that I don't marvel at how blessed I am to have all three grandkids just a stone's throw away. Clay likes to visit our house so he and Claire are coming over after he gets home from school.

I made a lot of wildlife soap yesterday. I think I'll make some more today. It's easy to do when the kids are around and I don't have to worry about the lye. Then tonight I need to make a batch of the cold process kind.















I also have to start checking the inventory for our upcoming shows. In another week or so, the fudge production starts.


*********************************************
Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Twenty-seventh week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Bruno, Priest (c. 1030-1101)

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 10:38-42.

As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. She had a sister named Mary (who) sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me." The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her."
******************************************************************

No comments: