God Bless Our Troops

Friday, November 20, 2009

Tomorrow is our 6th craft show of the year and then we get a bit of a break. We need it because stockings are still piling up. Tonight we celebrate Harold and Jamie's birthdays so I baked a cake. I still have to make the chex mix for tomorrow. I keep forgetting that I need pretzels for that recipe.

I made 2 batches of candles; gingerbread and pumpkin crunch cake. I need to make more Christmas tree, but I am out of fragrance oil.

Now I don't want you to think that with all of this going on, that I'm not on top of things. But I have to confess that this morning at Mass, about halfway through, I realized I had my sweater on backwards. The laughable thing is that no one else noticed.

*****************************

Word of the day:
Friday of the Thirty-third week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Edmund the Martyr (841-870)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 19:45-48.


Then Jesus entered the temple area and proceeded to drive out those who were selling things, saying to them, "It is written, 'My house shall be a house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves.'" And every day he was teaching in the temple area. The chief priests, the scribes, and the leaders of the people, meanwhile, were seeking to put him to death, but they could find no way to accomplish their purpose because all the people were hanging on his words.

***************************

1 comment:

IdaR said...

LOL I'm glad that no one noticed, or at least if they did, they didn't say anything. Sounds like you've been very busy. Hope you get to take a few days off for yourself soon.