God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Today's plan is to hole up in my sewing room and make a huge dent in my list of stocking orders. I managed to get 5 done yesterday. I also made a batch of Cinnamon Stick candles. Today I will be making Hot Apple Pie. I forgot to post yesterday's Holiday Mission, but here is today's.




******************************
Thursday of the Thirty-third week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Mechtildis of Helfta (13th century)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 19:41-44.

As he drew near, he saw the city and wept over it, saying, "If this day you only knew what makes for peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes. For the days are coming upon you when your enemies will raise a palisade against you; they will encircle you and hem you in on all sides. They will smash you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave one stone upon another within you because you did not recognize the time of your visitation."

*********************************

No comments: