God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We had our show at the VFW last night. We didn't go with any expectations of selling much. It was more of an opportunity to let people know who we are. We did pretty well. It was a slower paced show and it was fun to visit with people. Next year they are thinking of offering refreshments. I think Christmas music would also be nice. But then I am known for starting to play it in October. I haven't actually broken out the Mannheim Steamroller yet, but it's coming.

I didn't have Madison yesterday and it seemed strange. She's due here in a few minutes. She's at the age where babies begin to figure out who that Mommy and Daddy are number one in their lives.

Tonight I give my annual talk on prayer to the RCIA group. We have a very tiny group this year - the smallest we've ever had.

Today I need to get my paperwork ready for tonight. And I also need to get some cleaning done. I've been saying that for a couple of weeks now. Funny how it didn't go away. :)

Here is today's Holiday Cruising Mission from Flylady:





*****************************************

Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Thirty-second week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Leo the Great, Pope and Doctor of the Church (+ 461) - Memorial, St. Andrew Avellino, Priest (1561-1608)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 17:7-10.


Who among you would say to your servant who has just come in from plowing or tending sheep in the field, 'Come here immediately and take your place at table'? Would he not rather say to him, 'Prepare something for me to eat. Put on your apron and wait on me while I eat and drink. You may eat and drink when I am finished'? Is he grateful to that servant because he did what was commanded? So should it be with you. When you have done all you have been commanded, say, 'We are unprofitable servants; we have done what we were obliged to do.'"

***************************

No comments: