God Bless Our Troops

Friday, December 11, 2009

Made a batch of Raspberry Jasmine Soap last night. I tried used different colors this time. I had been using pink kaolin and lavender mica, but they were so light they didn't really show up. This time I used purple and "vampire blood" (not crazy about the name, but it's the right color.) Now it's much closer to what I envisioned it to look like when I first began making this scent.



Went to Walmart today to get some more candle lamps and they were all gone! Guess I should have overstocked when I first saw them. I only bought one box to try. Darn it!

Today begins Hanukkah. As our Jewish friends - our ancestors in faith - celebrate the re-dedication of the Temple in Jerusalem, let us celebrate Advent by rededicating our lives to living the Gospel. Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate it!

***************************************
Word of the day:
Friday of the Second week of Advent
Today the Church celebrates : St. Damasus
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 11:16-19.

To what shall I compare this generation? It is like children who sit in marketplaces and call to one another, 'We played the flute for you, but you did not dance, we sang a dirge but you did not mourn.' For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they said, 'He is possessed by a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they said, 'Look, he is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is vindicated by her works."

**************************************

No comments: