God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yesterday was most productive! Practiced with Monica and the kids for the Christmas choir, made a batch of fudge, a batch of white chocolate chex mix, packed all the boxes that need to be shipped out, finished the rest of our website orders, made a dent in the housework (a very small dent).

Today I have Mass. Then I'll be helping our wonderful environment leader and her husband haul up the Christmas trees and other big stuff that we will need for Tuesday when we begin decorating the church for Christmas. If I have time, I want to run to the store and pick up some hard candy to send to our adopted soldier. Hopefully, if I can get it out tomorrow, he will receive it by Christmas. At 3:00 we are having a reconcilliation service. After that it's home to get this house in some kind of order. I am debating whether to close the web store for the rest of the week.

I have a stocking to make for Madison so that her Grandma and Grandpa Fockler have one to keep at their house. I have other family gifts to assemble and many to wrap. I want to make some Christmas goodies to have on hand. (I have gone sugar-free in deference to my blood sugar issues.) This is all fun stuff. I have recorded several Christmas movies to accompany the wrapping of the gifts.

Tomorrow it's the post office and the bank. Then the rest of the day will be spent assessing what still needs to be done.

I love Christmas!!!!!!

********************************
Fourth Sunday of Advent
Today the Church celebrates : St. Dominic of Silos, Abbot (14th century)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 1:39-45.

During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled."

No comments: