God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Well, I'm on very late today. (Hi Nina) It's been a long one. Started out with practice for Christmas eve with the children's choir. Then I stopped at the Dollar Store and got some really cool ideas for primitive lamps. I got involved in puttering around and there went the afternoon. Then I had Mass, stopped at the dollar store again, came home and started in on gift baskets for our Christmas celebration at Howard and Colleen's house.

I have a ton of silicone light bulbs so I've been experimenting with different ways to use them. Here's one I made today.



*************************************************

Word of the day:
Our Lady of Guadalupe - Feast
In the USA: Our Lady of Guadalupe - Feast
Today the Church celebrates : St. Valery, Abbot (565-622), St. Finian, Bishop (+ c. 549)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 17:10-13.


Then the disciples asked him, "Why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?" He said in reply, "Elijah will indeed come and restore all things; but I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him but did to him whatever they pleased. So also will the Son of Man suffer at their hands." Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.

No comments: