God Bless Our Troops

Friday, January 22, 2010

Well, it's been a fun couple of days. I had a colonoscopy yesterday which means that on Wedesday I was on a clear liquid diet with a host of colon cleansing cocktails. A day like that is never fun, but if one has blood sugar issues, it is worse. I had a terrible headache all day long. The only thing that made it bearable was that my three little cutie bugs were here and that made the day go faster. Yesterday, after getting home, I just slept all day. Today I feel great. No sore throat, no headache, not much of a cough left so I think I am on the homestretch. I did get behind in my orders. The Wildlife Grubby that I poured the other night pretty much finished off my mold. It ripped and the nose of one of the deer broke off as I was unmolding it. The customer opted to take it anyway since I offered her a $10.00 price reduction. There are 2 deer on that candle so I set the bulb with the injured deer to the back where it won't be seen. I can't replace the mold because I don't think the mold maker is in business any longer. I'm going to try to rubber band the whole thing together and see if I can pour another one.

Today I have Mass with the kids and then I need to come home and finish writing out my very late thank you notes from Christmas. I also have a liturgy meeting at 3:30. I don't know why I bother to read the documents. The rule of the day seems to be "let's see what we can get away with." What's wrong with just being obedient? These new enlightened theologians think they have all the answers. It never occurs to them that the Church existed long before they came on the scene and maybe, just maybe, there is something for them to learn.

*******************************

Word of the day:
Friday of the Second week in Ordinary Time
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 22 January
Today the Church celebrates : St. Vincent, Deacon and Martyr (+ 304)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 3:13-19.

Jesus went up the mountain and summoned those whom he wanted and they came to him. He appointed twelve (whom he also named apostles) that they might be with him and he might send them forth to preach and to have authority to drive out demons: (he appointed the twelve:) Simon, whom he named Peter; James, son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James, whom he named Boanerges, that is, sons of thunder; Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus; Thaddeus, Simon the Cananean, and Judas Iscariot who betrayed him.

No comments: