God Bless Our Troops

Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm late getting on today. My little Maddie is back and she has grown so much since I last saw her on Christmas! She sits by herself if you sit her up, but she's also trying to get up into position by herself. She is very strong. It was quite a job getting her dressed this morning





She scoots around the floor, but she still likes to have her snuggle time when she gets sleepy.

While she took her nap this morning, an order of baskets came in. I got a really good deal on these so we can make up baskets for Mother's Day and be able to add the basket free. I did do a little tweaking with homespun and pipberries. I love how they turned out.



My right ear is still plugged but I am hearing little crackling noises so I am hoping that means my ear is going back to normal.

It is really snowing out. I love snow, but only if the roads are safe and the windchill is in double digits. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

***********************************

Word of the day:
Monday of the First week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Theodosius, The Cenobiarch (423-529)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 1:14-20.


After John had been arrested, Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the Gospel of God: This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel. As he passed by the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting their nets into the sea; they were fishermen. Jesus said to them, "Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men." Then they abandoned their nets and followed him. He walked along a little farther and saw James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John. They too were in a boat mending their nets. Then he called them. So they left their father Zebedee in the boat along with the hired men and followed him.

No comments: