God Bless Our Troops

Monday, January 4, 2010

Today should have been a Maddie day, but this crud has prevented that. My throat was hurting again yesterday. My ears are still plugged. I have a funeral and wake service this week so I hope things clear up soon. Normally I could bow out of the wake service, but I'd rather not because this funeral is for the father of friends of mine.

I did a few grungy lamps yesterday, and I did the first coat of grunge on a few jars. I had planned to make some lilac soap today, but I may put that off until I can smell things again. I'll probably grunge a bunch of candle lamps. I also need to make an inventory list for our 2 spring shows.

*******************************

Word of the day:
Monday after Epiphany
Today the Church celebrates : St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Foundress of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Joseph's (1774-1821), St. Gregory, Bishop (+ c. 541)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 4:12-17.23-25.


When he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew to Galilee. He left Nazareth and went to live in Capernaum by the sea, in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali, that what had been said through Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled: Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles, the people who sit in darkness have seen a great light, on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death light has arisen." From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." He went around all of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and curing every disease and illness among the people. His fame spread to all of Syria, and they brought to him all who were sick with various diseases and racked with pain, those who were possessed, lunatics, and paralytics, and he cured them. And great crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, and Judea, and from beyond the Jordan followed him.

No comments: