God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, January 23, 2009

Well, another mold bit the dust. This one I replaced because it was a small grubby electric mold and the mold maker for this one uses excellent silicone. These things are expensive so I am not real happy with the other moldmaker who is now out of business. Guess we know why, don't we? I have contacted my favorite mold maker to ask if she can duplicate it for me. We shall see what we shall see.

I just finished making an electric grubby for an order. While I was down there I did a little more decluttering. I also packaged up our donation for the Silent Auction at the St. Mary School Mardi Gras fundraiser.

I just put the soup on for dinner. I made one of our corn bread mixes to go with it. It's handy having my own little country store right here in the house.

Evening update:
We are donating soap for the gift bags for the participants of "Girls on the Run."
We will be packaging up 350 half bars of raspberry jasmine spice. That's 7 batches of soap. I don't want to burn out on that fragrance so I am starting now. I made a batch tonight and it turned out beautifully.



I haven't heard from my mold maker yet. I really hope she can duplicate the deer head mold. It was one of my favorites.

*****************************

Word of the day:
Saturday of the Second week in Ordinary Time
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 23 January
Today the Church celebrates : St John the Almoner, Patriarch of Alexandria (+ c. 620)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 3:20-21.


He came home. Again (the) crowd gathered, making it impossible for them even to eat. When his relatives heard of this they set out to seize him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

*******************

No comments: