God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, January 28, 2010

We are almost at the end of January - amazing!
My little Clairy bear is on the way down. Be back later.

Afternoon update:
Clairy and Grandpa are taking a nap. Clayton is crafting. And I dug out my bread machine and am making some Flax and Sunflower Seed Bread. I haven't made homemade bread in ages. I'm not even sure if the bread machine still works, but we'll see. Oh, and my oil came today so I will be measuring it out later.

*******************************
Word of the day:
Thursday of the Third week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Thomas Aquinas, Priest & Doctor of the Church (+ 1274) - Memorial
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 4:21-25.


He said to them, "Is a lamp brought in to be placed under a bushel basket or under a bed, and not to be placed on a lampstand? For there is nothing hidden except to be made visible; nothing is secret except to come to light. Anyone who has ears to hear ought to hear." He also told them, "Take care what you hear. The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you, and still more will be given to you. To the one who has, more will be given; from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away."

**********************

1 comment:

jinxxxygirl said...

Thank you Mary for all the great info....I guess i'm just gonna ruminate on it some more. My daughter mentioned opening a Face Book site and selling off of there. Any thoughts on that???? Never messed with face book before.
Arrghhhh i just have to be brave enough to get my feet wet somewhere???!!! I'm still working on my picture for the craft contest at the stock show next month.......i should have experimented more with enamel paint before i used it.....I had this crazy idea that the layers would build up faster than what they do......uuugh. I'm using enamel for the shell of an abstract snail......never done abstract before but it was in my head and i wanted to pull it out! :) LOL! My daughter gives me a skeptical look when i call it abstract....i guess its not abstract enough for her... but its not realistic either. So because the enamel is not building up fast enough i'm not sure i can get the dome shape on the snail like i wanted but i'm just gonna keep building until a few days before the event then put the decorative swirls on it and call it a day. Lesson learned. I probably should have made the shell out of clay,baked it in the oven and THEN coated it with enamel paint......hind sight is 20/20! Geesh!