God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well, it's Epiphany,(or what used to be Epiphany) and I have my Christmas/Epiphany family newsletter done. Now I just have to mail it out. I woke up this morning without the headache, but my ear is still plugged. I hear these weird little frequencies. I noticed it Sunday when I had the organ setting on. Then I noticed it yesterday when Clay and Claire were over. Their voices are higher than Harold's and it must be the higher frequencies that my ear is sensitive to.

I hacked all night again. I suspect that I may have walking pneumonia. At the wake service last night I could barely hear anything. I discovered that if you can't hear yourself when you sing, that's not a good thing. What I could hear sounded shrieky and awful. I tried singing down an octave. Not good. 'Twas a humbling experience. Marlene, sweetheart that she is, got up to lead the closing song. I won't be able to sing today at the funeral. That makes me feel bad because these people are my friends. I wanted to do a good job. But Angela will be the cantor today so all will be good.

We received our first stocking order of the year. That is the earliest we have ever taken orders for stockings. Whoo hoo.

I made a couple of soap balls with the failed batch of lilac soap. I may try my hand at rebatching or I'll shred it up for laundry soap.

*****************************

Word of the day:
Wednesday after Epiphany
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 6:45-52.


Then he made his disciples get into the boat and precede him to the other side toward Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. And when he had taken leave of them, he went off to the mountain to pray. When it was evening, the boat was far out on the sea and he was alone on shore. Then he saw that they were tossed about while rowing, for the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night, he came toward them walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them. But when they saw him walking on the sea, they thought it was a ghost and cried out. They had all seen him and were terrified. But at once he spoke with them, "Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid!" He got into the boat with them and the wind died down. They were (completely) astounded. They had not understood the incident of the loaves. On the contrary, their hearts were hardened.

***************************

1 comment:

IdaR said...

Sounds to me like a trip to the doctor may be in order. Praying that you get well soon. Good luck with the rebatching.