God Bless Our Troops

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mr. Lincoln (and me)
Mass this morning with the kids, then I'm stopping in to the dr and see if I can get any relief from this awful cough. There is a lot of pneumonia going around and I have suspected for a couple of weeks now that I have it. I feel fine until the coughing jags start.

I poured candles last night and as I was setting the wick, it came unstuck from the bottom of the jar. Grrrrr. I hate when that happens. This was a grungy jar too so it is going to be fun trying to get it clean so that I can re-use it.

Gotta make a trip to town and then come home and get the house straightened up because the kids are coming tonight. Family nights are always fun times!!

**************************************
Word of the day:
Friday of the Fifth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St Benedict of Anian, Abbot (c.750 - 821)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 7:31-37.

Again he left the district of Tyre and went by way of Sidon to the Sea of Galilee, into the district of the Decapolis. And people brought to him a deaf man who had a speech impediment and begged him to lay his hand on him. He took him off by himself away from the crowd. He put his finger into the man's ears and, spitting, touched his tongue; then he looked up to heaven and groaned, and said to him, "Ephphatha!" (that is, "Be opened!") And (immediately) the man's ears were opened, his speech impediment was removed, and he spoke plainly. He ordered them not to tell anyone. But the more he ordered them not to, the more they proclaimed it. They were exceedingly astonished and they said, "He has done all things well. He makes the deaf hear and (the) mute speak."

No comments: