God Bless Our Troops

Monday, February 8, 2010

Okay, I am ready to be well. I hacked all night. Harold said I was choking and gagging. I wonder what lovely antibiotic I'll get this time. This isn't a cold. This feels like bronchitis or walking pneumonia. Either way, with all the antibiotics I've taken, I doubt I'm contagious.

Well, they hooked up the wireless cable on Friday and said that within 4 days we would have wireless internet. No sign of it yet. The icon in the system tray alternates between "a network cable is unplugged" to "connected." Phooey.

I'm at day 8 of the 100 days challenge and even though I didn't want to get out of bed, I did. Go me!!!

Today is a Maddie day if her mommy goes to work. I can't wait to see her pull herself up. She is such a cute little peanut. Since I didn't get my bread made the other day, I think I will do that today.

I measured more oils yesterday, but ran out of cocoa butter. When that comes in I have 8 batches of soap oils left to do. I'll probably make another batch or RJS for the Girls on the Run gift bags.

The Fly Zone this week is the kitchen so I will be doing some serious decluttering in the refrigerator and freezer.

Update:
It's been a productive morning, even with a sick baby in the house. I rocked the poor little thing to sleep and then started in on the fridge. I got the top and middle shelves clean. I threw out a ton of stuff. When the fridge is a mess, you don't know what you have so you buy more. It's a waste to throw it out, and I feel bad about it, but now that it's getting clean, there shouldn't be any more waste.

Mondays are also laundry days and all loads have been washed and dried. I'll put away as time permits with little Maddie.

*****************

Word of the day:
Monday of the Fifth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Josephine Bakhita (1869-1947), St. Jerome Emiliani (1486-1537), St. John of Matha, Priest (1169-1213)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 6:53-56.


After making the crossing, they came to land at Gennesaret and tied up there. As they were leaving the boat, people immediately recognized him. They scurried about the surrounding country and began to bring in the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak; and as many as touched it were healed.

*****************

No comments: