God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's hard to believe, but soon February will be over and March will be upon us. Right now we're waiting for the sap to start running and for the pancake suppers in the sap house to begin. That's my sign that spring is coming.

Tonight I am hosting a family game night and sandwich party. The house needs a good going over. Just can't seem to keep up with that.

I packaged some soap last night and that's about all of the Sugar Bush stuff that I got done. Once I get that basement into some kind of order, it will be easier to work down there.

I had to buy a charging cord for my new/old cell phone. I now have the phone that we used to use to connect to the internet. Now that we have satellite - and yayyyyyy it is working finally - I now use that phone. I downloaded some cool ringtones because I hated the ones that were on the phone. Trumpet Tune, Trumpet Voluntary, The Voice of Truth, and Canon in D. This morning I log on to the Alltel website and find that I am eligible for a phone upgrade. Think I'll hang on to this one for a while. Now that I have some neat ringtones, I'm getting used to it - not to mention the 30 bucks I spent on a charging cord.

*****************

Word of the day:
Saturday of the First week of Lent
Today the Church celebrates : St. Leander, Bishop (c. 540-596)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 5:43-48.


You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have? Do not the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brothers only, what is unusual about that? Do not the pagans do the same? So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect.

No comments: