God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Well, the cable is attached to our computer, but the wireless connection is not working yet. Harold told me what the guy said as to why we aren't getting a signal yet, but it sounds like so much double-speak. I really don't understand the lack of communication with some people who do business. We don't operate that way. I assumed it was just common sense to let a customer know what's going on. I don't mind waiting, but, for pete's sake, if you can't make it when you say you'll be there, just let me know, already. We went through the same thing when we remodeled our kitchen. The guy did great work, but I can't count the number of times I stayed home from work or a family function because he said he was coming out and then never showed and never called. The remodel was supposed to take a couple of weeks and two months later I was still doing dishes in the bath tub. We are planning to remodel our bathroom. Guess who we won't call. And it's too bad because I would have recommended him to anyone based on his work, but the lack of communication left a very sour taste in my mouth. It's just plain common courtesy to keep your customers informed.

Okay, rant over. This week the Fly Zone was Zone 1: The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room (February 1 - 5). I opted to work on the laundry room since that is technically our entrance. I hauled out my "Put Away" "Give Away" and "Throw Away" bins. I bought these off of the Flylady website. I love them because they fold up and hang on my door when not in use. Today I will empty those bins - throw away the trash, box up the give aways for Good Will, and put away the stuff in the put away bin. The room still needs a lot of work, but I have made a dent and it definitely looks better than it did. The bins keep everything contained and I am not running from room to room during the decluttering process. Next week's zone: Zone 2: The Kitchen (February 8 - 12). Our refrigerator needs decluttering in the worst way!!!

Later I will bake some more cookies from the humongous batch that Claire and I made the other day. I am in the breadmaking mood today so I think I will make a loaf f sunflower seed bread. I also want to pour some candles. I have finished up with "Berry Pickin'" and am now moving on the "Blueberry Cobbler." I love puttering around the house. I am blessed to have a job that allows me to help out with the grandkids. It's like reliving the years that the kids were growing up. Those were great years and I have missed having little ones around. Claire has a new nickname for Grandpa. They were playing a game the other day and Grandpa lost. Claire now calls him "Loser Butt." HaHaHa. I love it.

************************************

Word of the day:
Saturday of the Fourth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Paul Miki & his companions, Martyrs (+ 1597) -
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 6:30-34.


The apostles gathered together with Jesus and reported all they had done and taught. He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while." People were coming and going in great numbers, and they had no opportunity even to eat. So they went off in the boat by themselves to a deserted place. People saw them leaving and many came to know about it. They hastened there on foot from all the towns and arrived at the place before them. When he disembarked and saw the vast crowd, his heart was moved with pity for them, for they were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach them many things.

No comments: