God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, February 4, 2010

'Tis the season for colds, flu, and other lovelies. Little Maddie now has RSV. I don't remember this virus from when our kids were little. I did some reading on it and found that 60% of babies will get it in infancy and most will get it before 2 years old. I didn't realize it was that common.

I had Mass this morning instead of the staff meeting that had been planned. Claire came with me and hung out with her buddy Sabina. Sabina asked her if she wanted to stay in the office or go to Mass. Claire opted to go to Mass. After Mass I checked the font and saw that it need filling. Claire was a good helper.

This afternoon the plan was to bake cookies. Clayton decided that his job would be to test them. I think that's Clayton's favorite part of cookie baking. But Claire likes to get right in there and help. Unfortunately my calculations to multiply the recipe initiated a series of mistakes that resulted in my having to eventually multiply the origial recipe by 8 in order to make everything come out in the right proportions. It didn't help that I was also reading the wrong recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. I now have enough cookie dough in the freezer to last at least a month.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, we still do not have our wireless going yet. The guy told Harold he was on his way from Saginaw. Silly us, we thought that meant he was coming here next. But, as I look out the window, I still do not see a tower mounted on the leg of our grain bin. We have cell phones, people, let's use them!

******************
Word of the day:
Thursday of the Fourth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Jane of Valois, Queen and Religious (+ 1505)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 6:7-13.


He summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over unclean spirits. He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick--no food, no sack, no money in their belts. They were, however, to wear sandals but not a second tunic. He said to them, "Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave from there. Whatever place does not welcome you or listen to you, leave there and shake the dust off your feet in testimony against them." So they went off and preached repentance. They drove out many demons, and they anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.

***********************

No comments: