God Bless Our Troops

Friday, March 5, 2010

Today is looking to be a much better day than yesterday. Right after I finished updating this blog last night, our wireless connection failed. I was very glad to see yesterday come to an end. Thank goodness it was up and running this morning.

I had a prayer service at church this morning. The kids always make me laugh. When I came in they were looking for my musical bunny. I have a bunny that plays "You're no bunny til some bunny loves you." They like to make him play. But . . . I put the singing bunny away for Lent. I did get some new "God Loves You" stickers so they were happy.

I still haven't made any candles, but - by golly - I will today!

Update**********
Made a neapolitan grubby, 2 short pillars, a dozen grubby tarts, and a batch of Maple Soap. I still have a ton of cookie dough to make for the guys. They are tapping trees so I also have to have some pancake mix made up ahead. I never know when or how many people will be hangin' out in the sugar house watching the sap boil and tasting unfiltered maple syrup on hot buttered pancakes.



So, I'm off to make some cookie dough!

****************

Word of the day:
Friday of the Second week of Lent
Today the Church celebrates : Sts Adrian and Eubulus, Martyrs (+ 309)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 21:33-43.45-46.

Hear another parable. There was a landowner who planted a vineyard, put a hedge around it, dug a wine press in it, and built a tower. Then he leased it to tenants and went on a journey. When vintage time drew near, he sent his servants to the tenants to obtain his produce. But the tenants seized the servants and one they beat, another they killed, and a third they stoned. Again he sent other servants, more numerous than the first ones, but they treated them in the same way. Finally, he sent his son to them, thinking, 'They will respect my son.' But when the tenants saw the son, they said to one another, 'This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and acquire his inheritance.' They seized him, threw him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What will the owner of the vineyard do to those tenants when he comes?" They answered him, "He will put those wretched men to a wretched death and lease his vineyard to other tenants who will give him the produce at the proper times." Jesus said to them, "Did you never read in the scriptures: 'The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; by the Lord has this been done, and it is wonderful in our eyes'? Therefore, I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people that will produce its fruit. When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they knew that he was speaking about them. And although they were attempting to arrest him, they feared the crowds, for they regarded him as a prophet.

No comments: