God Bless Our Troops

Monday, March 22, 2010

Well, the Health Care bill passed. No surprise there. I am hugely disappointed in Bart Stupak. I can't believe that Nancy Pelosi, with a straight face, said "we are about to join the ranks of the people who brought you Social Security and Medicare." Aren't those two institutions fairly well bankrupt? Where is the money going to come from to pay for this???? I am all for helping people who need help, but I would rather do it myself than have the government do it. When I give $10 to someone, they get $10. When the government takes $10 dollars from me in the name of welfare, the person in need gets $1.70 and the rest goes to bureaucracy. I am just sickened over this. This noble sounding legislation is going to bankrupt this country and financially enslave our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. The absolute worst of it is, there will be fewer Americans to insure because Federal funds will subsidize abortions. I heard a congressman last night say that there is no evidence that government funding will increase abortions. Okay, so no new people will be killed, we will just keep killing the same number of people - and my tax dollars will be used to pay for it.

**********************
Word of the day:
Monday of the Fifth week of Lent
Today the Church celebrates : St Nicholas Owen, St Lea, Bl. Cardinal august von Galen, Bishop (1933-1946)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 8:12-20.

Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." So the Pharisees said to him, "You testify on your own behalf, so your testimony cannot be verified." Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I do testify on my own behalf, my testimony can be verified, because I know where I came from and where I am going. But you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge by appearances, but I do not judge anyone. And even if I should judge, my judgment is valid, because I am not alone, but it is I and the Father who sent me. Even in your law it is written that the testimony of two men can be verified. I testify on my behalf and so does the Father who sent me." So they said to him, "Where is your father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also." He spoke these words while teaching in the treasury in the temple area. But no one arrested him, because his hour had not yet come.

2 comments:

IdaR said...

Yep, it makes me sick. Wonder if I can go to the doctor for this?

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Sure you can. Health care for all! Free money from the money tree.