God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First of all, Happy Birthday to my brother Bob. My earliest memory is when I was 2 and Mama and Daddy brought him home. I couldn't figure it out, why not a puppy?

I bagged up our custom blend maple pecan coffee this morning. I decided to try a cup. Oh my gosh! Yummmmm!

I have no kids today until 3:30 so I am going to get some cleaning done in preparation for the bathroom flooring being put in tomorrow. The the stool goes in. That will be nice. Thank goodness we have another bathroom, but it ain't big enough for Harold and I indefinitely.

Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Fifth week of Lent
Today the Church celebrates : St. Catherine of Sweden (1330 + 1381), Bl. Maria Karlowska (1865-1935)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 8:31-42.


Jesus said to those Jews who believed in him, "If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." They answered him, "We are descendants of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How can you say, 'You will become free'?" Jesus answered them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin. A slave does not remain in a household forever, but a son always remains. So if a son frees you, then you will truly be free. I know that you are descendants of Abraham. But you are trying to kill me, because my word has no room among you. I tell you what I have seen in the Father's presence; then do what you have heard from the Father." They answered and said to him, "Our father is Abraham." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works of Abraham. But now you are trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God; Abraham did not do this. You are doing the works of your father!" (So) they said to him, "We are not illegitimate. We have one Father, God." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me.

No comments: