God Bless Our Troops

Monday, May 24, 2010

It's been a busy, busy, week and I have fallen sadly behind on my blogging. We received a few orders last week that had me scrambling and then on Friday two transitional deacons were ordained into the priesthood. It was an exciting day. I was privileged to lead the Spanish portion of the Litany of Supplication. (one of the priests is from Columbia). Father Christian distributed communion to the choir and I really wish someone could have captured on film the expression of pure joy on his face.

Bishop Cistone and the newly ordained: Father Rick M. Varner (left) and Father Christian Tabares (right).

*********************

Evening update:

I ended up making pumpkin spice soap, but I think that I won't be making soap on hot humid evenings anymore. The batch seized up on me almost the minute the lye-water hit the oils. We'll see how it turns out, but it is pretty lumpy - looks like pudding with chocolate drizzled over it. Smells great. Doesn't seem to be separating. It wouldn't break my heart to keep this batch for us. :)

************************************

Word of the day:
Monday of the Ninth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : Sts. Donatian & Rogatian, Martyrs (c. 287)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 10:17-27.


As he was setting out on a journey, a man ran up, knelt down before him, and asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus answered him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: 'You shall not kill; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness; you shall not defraud; honor your father and your mother.'" He replied and said to him, "Teacher, all of these I have observed from my youth." Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him, "You are lacking in one thing. Go, sell what you have, and give to (the) poor and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." At that statement his face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions. Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!" The disciples were amazed at his words. So Jesus again said to them in reply, "Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to pass through (the) eye of (a) needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." They were exceedingly astonished and said among themselves, "Then who can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "For human beings it is impossible, but not for God. All things are possible for God."

No comments: