God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Heard some disturbing news this morning. Since net neutrality was denied, the Obama administration now seeks to make the internet a public utility. I don't know about you, but that makes me very scared. I've been accused of having my head in the sand. I assure you, my head is not in the sand. Just because I don't post everything I know doesn't mean I don't know what's going on. Just because I don't dwell on it 24/7 doesn't mean I don't know what's going on. We have as much to fear from the progressive right as we do from the progressive left. The sad thing is that some on the right do not see themselves as progressive.

**********************
Wednesday of the Fifth week of Easter
Today the Church celebrates : St Antoninus, Bishop (1389-1459)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 15:1-8.


I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and everyone that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit. You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me will be thrown out like a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and they will be burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.

No comments: