God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a funeral tomorrow. I'm disappointed because I had planned to go on a walking field trip with Clayton. I'm glad he didn't know I was planning to go. I've been trying to do something with his school for the last month, but something church related has always come up.

I cut the pumpkin spice soap. Most of the bars look okay - I prefer a flat bar, but these look okay. I don't know if I'll sell them or give them as gift. I tested for lye zap and didn't find any. I love the fragrance of this. It's a spicy rather than sweet smell - guys would like using this.

I'm trying out a new recipe. I added about 1 T of our chili cheese and bacon dip mix to 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef and mixed a medium jar of salsa into it. I layered it with corn tortillas and Mexican blend cheese. A lady at church told me that her daughter used our chili cheese and bacon dip mixed with flour and coated her chicken with it. Can't wait to try that one. I ordered a microwave stoneware baker from Pampered Chef for cooking our chicken from now on.

********************************
Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Ninth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St Bede the Venerable, Priest & Doctor of the Church (673-735), St Gregory VII, Pope (c. 1013-1085)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 10:28-31.


Peter began to say to him, "We have given up everything and followed you." Jesus said, "Amen, I say to you, there is no one who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not receive a hundred times more now in this present age: houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and eternal life in the age to come. But many that are first will be last, and (the) last will be first."

No comments: