God Bless Our Troops

Friday, June 25, 2010

Well, I am feeling much better today than yesterday. I know that those funks will eventually pass, but while I'm in one it is not good. I got a lot accomplished yesterday. I did most of the things on my list - didn't quite get them all done, but did make quite a dent. I have been decluttering with teeny tiny baby steps for a while now. I am beginning to see some progress. Yesterday I opened my catch all drawer in my dresser. All of a sudden I can now open that drawer without a bunch of junk falling through the back to the drawer below. The dungeon, however, is another story. It's going to take a whole lot of 15 minute increments to get it where it needs to be. The same goes for my craft room.

I finished another block for the prayer quilt top that I am working on. I also got another strip of Anna's quilt sewed. A couple of weeks ago I ordered some books with decorative seasonal quilts. I like making the smaller quilts and I can't wait to do one of these. But first, Anna's quilt gets finished, then a few smaller projects that I started for the girls last year but never finished, and then I need to start Justin's quilt and then . . . I can do some of these other fun things.

Harold has been eating a banana every day in hopes that the potassium will help with his back pain. There were a few that were past their prime so I found a recipe for Banana Maple Nut Bread. Harold doesn't like nuts so I tweaked it a bit, added some baking powder and it is in the oven baking. It's a pretty healthy recipe with whole wheat flour. I used white whole wheat. Maple syrup is the sweetener which is what caught my attention. We shall see how it turns out.

Update:
The Banana Maple no-Nut Bread turned out very very yummy! The white whole wheat flour adds a tiny bit of crunch - almost like corn meal. I'm not a big fan of banana nut bread, but this is really good.
***********************

Word of the day:
Friday of the Twelfth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. William of Vercelli (of Monte-Vergine), Abbot (+ 1142)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 8:1-4.


When Jesus came down from the mountain, great crowds followed him. And then a leper approached, did him homage, and said, "Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean." He stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, "I will do it. Be made clean." His leprosy was cleansed immediately. Then Jesus said to him, "See that you tell no one, but go show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses prescribed; that will be proof for them."

*************************************

No comments: